Updated: March 16, 2020
Congratulations to the winners of TreadBikely’s first free, open format story contest, which ended March 1, 2020! Winners have been notified via email, and have 30 days to claim their winnings via PayPal:
- 1st Place ($150): Dan Micklethwaite, “Spoke Music“
- 2nd Place ($100): Linda Buckle, “From Solo to Tandem“
- 3rd Place ($50): Nelida Coronel, “In Memory of Angel Coronel“
In total, we received more than 150 submissions from writers around the globe, all sharing their common love for cycling. Thank you so much for your responses! Due to this success, we will continue running contests every quarter throughout the year, for as long as is prudent.
Here are the details:
Utilize whatever writing format moves you most—short story, poem, essay, song lyrics, etc.—but first, familiarize yourself with our submission guidelines, along with the following rules. Failure to do so will result in disqualification:
- This contest is open to anyone 18 years of age or older, from any location
- There is no cost ($0) to enter the contest
- One submission per person
- Fiction and non-fiction are acceptable
- Submissions must be related to cycling
- Submissions must be in English. Important Note: If a submission is not written in native-level English and requires excessive editing for readability and comprehension, it will be rejected and the author will be notified via email.
- Submissions must be fewer than 1,500 words
- Art-based submissions are acceptable, as long as they contain a story element (see here as an example).
- Submissions must be original and written by the submitter
- Submissions must not have been previously published elsewhere, whether online or offline
- Derek Lakin, founder of TreadBikely, is the sole contest judge
- TreadBikely retains rights to all submissions, and may publish stories from non-winners
The current submission deadline is June 1, 2020 at 12:01 AM PST. There are two methods for submitting your work:
- Send an email, whether by attaching a Word document, copy-and-pasting text into the body of the email, or including a Google Docs link
- Fill out the form below. If uploading directly, we can accept Word (.doc, docx), .txt, and .pdf files.
Winners will be notified on June 15, 2020 at the email addresses listed in their submissions. If a winner fails to reply within 30 days, another winner will be chosen.
Entries will not be published on TreadBikely.com until the contest ends.
By submitting your story, you agree to all contest rules (rules are subject to change).
Have questions? Email us.